Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Newborn parents...

She arrived a few weeks early - but looked absolutely ready to face the world head on. Every move she made was so determined and not once did she seem to regret her decision! Be it the decision to refuse to nurse... or the decision to get her diaper changed. All important decisions in the life of a newborn baby - and she made perfect choices every time.

When I first saw her, for a few minutes I didn't know how to feel. She was the person I have been longing to meet... she was the one I felt connected with 24X7 for the last 38 weeks and now she was out in the world ready to meet me and everyone else. I still felt like it was a dream - that she was still inside me and I would wake up soon and find that we are still one. Soon I realized it wasn't the case... and that brought about a new feeling of detachment that I didn't expect. I felt I was prematurely separated from her and wasn't ready for it. I wanted to be with her all the time and yet share her with everyone else. It was a strange few days - but thankfully only lasted for a short period of time. Then I started truly enjoying her and all she did. It is fun spending all my time with her - she takes up so much of my time and attention that the days and weeks fly by and before I know it - she is almost 2 months old.

Our little daughter is going to be 2 months old soon and it all feels so brand new. We have been parents for 2 months... I have been a mother for 2 months... and our lives have been fuller and prettier for 2 whole months...

Here is to the first 2 months of your life my darling and the next 200 ... may all of them be filled with love and joy always...

1 comment:

Faithful Hope said...

Congrats mommy! Enjoy every second of it.. have fun and make lots lots of happy memories to share with her when she is older and asks you so how was I as a child? Enjoy some for me too :) Lots of love!